Cape Fear SUP is a family owned company, which means we’re funded only by our own achievements. The better we perform, the more we can fulfill our mission statement. We also know that when it comes down to it – no matter what kind of difference we want to make as a company, and no matter how much you share those values – if our camps are not both educational and exciting, we’re not living up to our fullest potential.
With our mission structured company, we pride ourselves on giving back with each Tour or Lesson Booked. A portion of our proceeds go directly into helping philanthropic foundations that align with our ocean and environmentally conscious brand. In addition to direct donations, we also partner with our sister camp to give back through;
- Awarded approximately $30,000 in financial assistance to families in need every year.
- Offered full tuition waivers to any child cared for by the Cape Fear Guardian Ad Litem Association.
- Contributed over 1,000 hours of community service every year.
- Cleaned tons of trash from beaches all over the world.
- Gave free surf lessons to students in some of UNCW’s Non-Profit Summer Camps.
- Conducted a free surf clinic for UNCW’s Surfrider Club.
- Conducted a free surf clinic for the summer Sea Turtle Hospital interns.
- Gave free surf lessons for UNCW’s Beach Blast students.
- Adopted families through CFCC Foundation Holiday Helpers program.
- Supported the endeavors of many social and environmental non-profit groups.
- Contributed to the efforts of the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital by donating a portion of each camper’s tuition directly to the hospital. To date we have donated $207,908 in cash.
As we run tours and programs in several locations around the world we believe that we should live with the land and its people. To do that, we also:
- Buy and employ locally, hoping that our economic impact will sustain the communities we visit.
- Incorporate community service, focused mainly on environmental restoration projects.
- Teach and practice proactive social and environmental polices to minimize our impact and foster a sense of family and respect.
We feel blessed for our careers and know that giving back is the right thing to do! When you select Cape Fear SUP, you support our efforts in trying to make the world a better place.